The Temple has been a towering presence in Denver since 1882. Designed by prominent Denver architects W.J. and Frank Edbrooke (Tabor Grand Opera House, Brown Palace Hotel and Oxford Hotel among many other masterpieces). Early on, it was home to Temple Emanuel. The United Way was conceived by Frances Wisebart Jacobs, Rabbi William S. Friedman, Rev. Myron W. Reed, Msgr. William J.O’Ryan and Dean H. Martyn at the Temple during this time. By 1897, the Temple Emanuel had outgrown it’s current location and Beth HaMedrosh Hagodol (BMH) subsequently replaced Emanuel, followed finally by Temple Beth Joseph. As the demographics of the city shifted, The Temple was purchased by Golden Bell Press. It was then used as underground DIY artist and music space until falling into disrepair in recent years.